Keeping you on the cutting edge.

No Ads... No Nonsense. Just Flight Test News and Analysis.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Adding Your Thoughts to the Mix

So far I have kept this blog focused on active flight test of specific aircraft and avoided direct advertising.  That policy still stands.  There are no ads in the blog.  That said, even links like SETP and SFTE have items on their sites for purchase, so the blog has already been referring you to items for purchase, even though that is not the focus of the blog and I have neither asked nor accepted compensation for any referrals. 

Anyway, I've gotten feedback that Flight Test on any given day is not just about what is being tested but also about the test methods being used.  There are many testers out there who have ideas regarding how we could make what we do better and safer, and a couple of acquaintances have recently asked if I could link you to some of the things that they are researching.  So, without passing judgement on the sites one way or the other I decided to post their URLs.  The links will remain active for a limited time just to find out if you think this kind of feature would be valuable. 

Take a look for yourself, then send me your comments.  (I won't publish your comments unless you ask me to.)  If this seems to be a helpful change I may begin to rotate private web sites into the list of flight test related sites for your use.  Some of them may elect to charge for what they provide.  That is up to them.  Please let me know what you think!  Are these helpful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion! Do you know something more about a recent flight test? Jot a line and let us know how it went! Think you know what will be coming next? Tell us what to expect! (Comments are moderated, so they may not appear immediately.)