Keeping you on the cutting edge.

No Ads... No Nonsense. Just Flight Test News and Analysis.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

NASA F-18 Adaptive Controls Research

I finally get to tell you a little about this because I finally found something in the open literature.  (It was one of my projects before I left NASA, so I did not feel I could share anything that had not been formally released.)  The work has been focused on various approaches to self-healing flight controls.  Very interesting stuff!

http://www.setp.org/55th-sb-abstracts/flight-test-approach-and-risk-mitigation-of-the-full-scale-advanced-systems-testbed-for-adaptive-controls-research.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the discussion! Do you know something more about a recent flight test? Jot a line and let us know how it went! Think you know what will be coming next? Tell us what to expect! (Comments are moderated, so they may not appear immediately.)